Tuesday, May 11, 2010

behold summer readin'

This summer, there are two particular books I intend to read. he first book I want to read is, The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexander Dumas. For the summer assignment for 9th grade I almost read that book but got dicouraged by its mammoth of a number of pages, where I decided to read Catcher in the Rye instead. I want to read The Count of Monte Cristo because it seems like it would have lots of suspense action and it'd be a great way to learn about the times back then. The second book I want to read is, This is Your Brain on Music. This is more of a written documentary than a book but it seemed very interesting to me. I started it in seventh grade but my reading level was not mature enough to finish it so now I hope to come back to it with a vengence and learn about the neurological effects of music on the brain. Both these titles are on my summer reading list because they both have something I could learn so i wouldn't just be brain dead the whole summer and both of them seem very interesting. Well... theres my list. peace out

5 comments:

  1. Good luck reading the Count of Monte Cristo. It's really long a mammoth of a book you called it I think. You also need to be able to follow alot of things at once. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. I would never want to read the count of monte cristo. nice title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt youll finish it haha. you can try but once you get so far into a book you lose interest at least I do, but at least you will only need to read 1 book in the summer cas thats all you will have time for if you read that book. GO QUINN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good list, count of monte cristo is going to be hard to finish by the end of the summer though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your never going to be able to finish that book. It takes over a life time to read. So if you want to find out what happens just watch the movie because thats what I did and I thought the movie was ok.

    ReplyDelete