Thursday, May 20, 2010

Behold: essayist

At the beginning of this wonderful year, I felt very weak in the area of essay writing. I was unsure on all aspects of it, literary analysis, all that jazz. As the year progressed and we worked on analyzing literature, as well as writing some assisted essays, I felt my skills grow stronger and I could comprehend things I would have never imagined comprehending back then. I learned the purpose of essays was to express your opinion and feelings on a topic and really prove a point about it, whether it be about nature, cars, the best food in the world, anything, as long as there was a point proven. The rewards of all the essay writing was a developed skill in analyzing literature, and a way to get comfortable with your writing.
According to the rubric, my paper and just my writing may in to a high "B" range because the weakest point in my writing skills is transitions. Transitions are key to essays and without them, the essay may become very weak. As well as no transitions my papers often are bountiful with errors, whether it be speeling... just kidding spelling or grammar. If I continue to work on these flaws in my writing and get them down, I believe I will have many "A" papers.

4 comments:

  1. I also learned that essays should tell your opinion on a topic this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree. Transitions are pretty hard to write. I struggle with that too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clear, well written blog if you ask me. Gave me the lolz too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet your essay is going to be great now!

    ReplyDelete