Thursday, March 11, 2010

behold the question about great expectations

There were two questions I came across. One, was who was the Avenging Phantom, this was answered. The second question I came across was who is Mr. Waldengarver. I was confused about this because the narrations were talking about Wopsle, and what Woplse was doing, then all of a sudden out of the blue there is this Mr. Waldengarver. I was very confused at this point. "We made all the haste we could downstairs, but we were not quick enough either. Standing at the door was a Jewish an with an unnatural heavy smear of eyebrow, who caught my eyes as we advanced, and said, when we came up with him: "Mr. Pip and friend?" Identity of Mr. Pip and friend confessed. "Mr. Waldengarver," said the man, "would be glad to have the honour." page 256 chapter 31 This part confused me because suddenly Woplse (I thought) disappeared and this new man, Mr. Waldengarver, had appeared out of the blue.

3 comments:

  1. This kind of confused me too. But I thought he just ended up being some guy who had heard about Pip and some of the things he had done and wanted to meet him or do business with him or something. i dont know though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is Mr. Wopsle, just like Pip changed his name to Mr. Pip, when he achieved a higher status Mr. Wopsle changed his when he became an actor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I think he is Mr Wopsle. Herbert says that its him on page 256, chapter 31.

    ReplyDelete